Monday, October 20, 2008

Something I Do Only Because My Husband Has Cancer

*Allow chopped liver into our house.

Gary brought Graham some chopped liver, because it's one of Graham's favorite things to eat. I think it is the smelliest nastiest stuff on the planet, so for our entire marriage, I have never made it or bought it for him or even let it through our door. Aren't I awful?

I've never understood how people can get a whiff of that "delicacy" and not want to hurl. And hello, it's made of liver, which is full of toxins. That just can't be good for you.

Graham is such a sweetie, though. He promised I wouldn't have to touch it. He'll spoon it out himself and give me a five minute warning to leave the room first before he opens the container. :-)

THANKS:

Gary, so glad you could hang out with Graham yesterday. And thanks for bringing the deli food. Yes, even the dreaded chopped liver. Graham really enjoyed it.

Bernard and Joni, thank you for sending the perfect DVD for Graham, "Victory at Sea," all about the naval battles during WWII. Graham is totally psyched to watch the whole series.

Marilyn and Norm, thanks for dropping by last night for tea and for bringing such a delicious dinner for us. We had it tonight and loved it. It was great catching up with you.

Ella...you are such a wonder. Your apple pie is AMAZING. We're not usually pie fans, because they're usually too sweet and heavy, but yours is so light and delicious. Thank you! Mmm, it's calling to me now...

No comments: